In 1767 at the beginning of the Kudichin community, King Taksin founded the new capital Thonburi Sri Mahasamut. He allowed Chinese from Ayutthaya to settle over the Kudichin Canal in the area of the Chinese monastery. The Portuguese soldiers from Ayutthaya who joined the independent war, who were called Farang Kudichin, handed over the land to the Portuguese in 1769 below the Chinese community south of the Kudichin Canal. Father Corre had the Santa Cruz Church built there. This area is called the Kudichin Community.